John 6:53-64

"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drink my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him ... Does this shock you? ... But there are some of you who do not believe."

John 6:53-64

Friday 11 March 2011

Distribution of religious material

Just read an article on issues on distribution of religious material. My sense is that why should it be restricted in the first place when the situation is supposedly "religious freedom and practices". No? Perhaps so, just in name...

When one starts to be overly protective, or in fact self-righteous over one's own beliefs such that it gives no room to another the freedom, to the extent of imposing practices over others, then it seems warped...Maybe there is a certain level of fear in the so called "self-righteous".

Be it imposing or restricting others, in the old chinese sayings "the paper cannot withhold the fire", things may just spread like wild-fire when suppression is stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment